Tuesday, July 23, 2013

THIS IS MY LAST POST...

Did that title get your attention?

Yes? Well, now that you're reading, you can put your phones down. There's no need to dial 911.
I'm not off-ing myself. The editing of my books hasn't driven me over the edge just yet.

"Then why is this your last post, Ali?" you may be asking.

Answer:

This is the last time I'll be posting on this blog. I've got a different blog setup on my newly updated website (www.alimacnovels.com), and that is where I'll be blogging going forward.

So if you wanna keep up with my comings and goings, that's where you'll find me.

But before I head on over to my new home on the internet, I wanted to give a update on the "I'm a Vampire" series.

Yes, I am still working on it.

Yes, it has taken me too long to finish it.

Yes, it keeps me awake at night just thinking about it.

Yes, book 1 is now for sale. (You can't see it, but I'm dancing a happy jig over this. 1 of 3 DONE!)

Yes, book 2 is quickly approaching completion.

The editing takes a fair amount of time because I have to read, re-read, and re-re-read the whole book, make changes, and then read it again just because I'm compulsive. And then comes the whole pre-publishing prep. Building an epub that is halfway decent = not easy or quick. And for whatever reason, I dread writing the summary of the book. Sure, I just wrote 150,000 words, but can I squeeze out 300 to describe the 150,000...?

Ah, but don't let me fool you. I've really enjoyed my journey of writing this series and getting it ready for sale. And I look forward to being able to share it with you guys! (after I re-re-re-re-read it.) lol

--Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment